Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 2008

Looking back at December




We had a great Christmas, the boys got everything they asked for (I think). They are at that age where they are asking for video games and money (which makes me a little sad), good thing I've got Nick. This was the second year that the boys made each other presents. Trey made Nick an apron for the kitchen he was getting from Santa, and he made Jordan a sleeping bag for his stuffed animals. It was a little scary letting Trey use the sewing machine, he wanted to floor it on the foot pedal, I am wondering if this is a sign of the future (driving, YIKES). Jordan decided back in November he would start making Nick mini books and he made Trey a cadi holder for his phone/controllers. It's a good thing we covered it in family guy images or else I don't think he would of liked it. Yes, I said family guy that's what the fam watches when I work nights (I just love my hubby). When I asked Willie what he wanted for Christmas he said Hulk hands for me and the kids, well thats what he got! You should have seen the faces on the kids when Willie kept pulling out more and more Hulk hands from the giant christmas bag they were in, Priceless! They have had so much fun playing with those things, now where do I put all those green hands.


Reindeer Food

Some other things we did this December included making reindeer food. This is something we have always done and this year we made enough to hand out at my works Christmas Party and a few left over to send to cousins.



Reindeer
Food
Recipe
Dried Oats, Sugar, Sprinkles, Glitter





Sprinkle on the lawn at night,
The moon will make it sparkle bright,
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
This will guide them to your home.






Gingerbread House


Every year we also decorate a gingerbread house. This year the boys did not have the patience to wait to put the candy on the house so our gingerbread house was really struggling to stay up.

No comments: