Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Have you ever been to Fossil Springs?
If not you need to go!
A couple of weekends ago we spent the day here,

it was like we were on a tropical Island. Fossil Springs has pool after pool of swimming areas, along with places to cliff jump (this is way to scary for me). The water was so clean and clear and just the right temperature for us. There were so many different areas to check out, but we stayed in our little spot that was already equipped with a rope swing. I am so glad that I brought life jackets for the boys, the water was moving a little fast and it was better to be safe just in case. Trey had fun catching minnows in the small pools of water and he was the first to try out the rope swing. It took him at least 10 minutes before he finally made his first attempt on the swing.




It took Jordan alot longer to warm up to the idea of the rope swing, he had to make small attempts taking off from a large rock in the water and then gradually working his way up to the tree, but he did it and I am so proud of him!!!


We brought with us lots of sunblock, lunch, and a couple of tubes. The boys had a good time trying to push me off the tube, and they loved it when their dad held the tube for them so they could ride down the little waterfalls.

It really is hard to believe that this is in Arizona !!!




Nick enjoying lunch


Doesn't this boy look tired!!!

During the ride home Nick kept saying "the best day ever, the best day ever", this truly turned out to be a great day!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing place! I want to go! Where is it?

Anonymous said...

PS, I'm still waiting for your answer on the run I mentioned??

Blossom Salon said...

Hey Mandie,

I saw your blog on Kirstyn's. How the heck are you guys? I think I saw you once in Payson at Chili's, but your cute blonde hair through me off. So good to see your family is doing good. That place is beautiful... where is it??

BeckyinQC said...

That looks like sooo much fun!! You have such a fun family! I totally want to go. We all need directions!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I couldn't get anyone to commit to the run with me and then I didn't get to do the long run I needed to do last week in order to be ready and Dave had to work early all this week so I didn't get to run much at all to make up for the long run and etc, etc, etc. What I'm trying to say is I'm not going to do the run in Payson afterall. I figure it will save us money anyways for me not to do it. We do want to hike Horton Creek again though, maybe when we do, you guys could come with us. It's 4 miles in though and 4 out, I don't know if the kids could do it or not.? Talk to you later.

RAYALITE said...

looks like you guys had alot of fun at fossel springs! tell tray and jordain i said hi.
lacey!